Hope Center is a no-cost client choice food pantry that is set up in a grocery store format. The pantry is divided in two sections. One section holds nonperishable food received from Gleaners Community Food Bank. The second section holds perishable food received predominately through partnerships with Forgotten Harvest, Entenmann's Bakery, and Meijer Distribution Center.
Individuals and families can access the pantry a maximum of six times per year and no more than once every thirty days. The amount of nonperishable food is limited by pounds based on the number of persons in the household. Perishable food is given to our clients as “bonus weight” and not counted against the households weight limit.
Hope Center aims to be a one-stop-shop of services by providing:
- Referrals to other non-profit community service agencies (on-site and off-site)
- Referrals to county service agencies
- Chaplain services on site
- Referrals for housing services
- Grief Share - comfort and help in your time of grief.
- Contact: GriefShare@thewoodschurch.org
- Divorce Care - a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life's most difficult experiences.
- Contact: DivorceCare@thewoodschurch.org
- Divorce Care 4 Kids - helps kids heal from the pain of separation or divorce.
- Contact: DC4K@thewoodschurch.org
- Addiction Recovery for Men and Addiction Recovery for Women - 12 step Christ centered meeting
- Contact: AddictionRecovery@thewoodschurch.org
- 1st Place 4 Health - A biblical approach to weight loss and health management, improving every area of a person's life and deepening their walk with God.
- Contact: 1stPlace4Health@thewoodschurch.org
- Spiritual counseling through our trained and certified Chaplains
VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance)
- A no-cost income tax preparation program sponsored by the United Way for low income individuals and families (offered February through April)